Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Graphic Focus Panel Arms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juanster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Super Graphic Focus Panel Arms Reply with quote

Does anyone make or stock replacement arms for the Focus Panel of the Super Graphic? I've got a couple of the focus panels without arms, the flat springs are still in place, and without the arms the camera itself is not useable.
I've looked at the forums, looked at google, and looked at ebay without any luck.
Thank you,
John
1banjo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey some where i have aback with 1 of them
ON ebay is one with NO arms!!!
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Fred Lustig in Reno Nevada. He is in his late 80's or early 90's.
He purchased the last remaining Graflex parts stock. He will not sell you the part. If he has them he will offer to repair the focus panel for you.
Pacific Rim Camera occasionally has a complete focus panel for $$$$$$$.
Check the Related Web Sites link >commercial sites on the Home page.

With a factory equipped lens, cam, correctly adjusted infinity stops, and working rangefinder one can attach standard film holders, grafmatics, or 4x5 RFHs and create good/excellent pictures/photographs. The only thing that one cannot do is focus/compose on the ground glass. A non adjusted collection of parts can be assembled into a working camera without a focus panel, it just requires more work.
juanster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'll contact Fred and report back on how that all goes. It seems like the Focus Panel arms are the weak point of an otherwise really wonderful camera!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: