Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hand Holding a 4x5 Graflex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crbrelativity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my crown graphic for a couple of months now and I find it a joy to use - but I have a question about hand holding it for exposures. With my 127mm lens, what it the slowest speed you would recommend trying to hand hold the camera? In the 35mm world we are taught to hand hold only for shutter speeds faster then 1/ focal length. Is there a rule for 4x5 when using natural light? I have some nice hand held shots with the shutter set to 1/200. What did the news photographers do?

LelandRay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been kind of curious about this myself. I've hand held my Speed at 1/50th quite a few times. The weight and bulk help keep things steady.
jdman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Graflite tube on the right, strap on the left,and a solenoid release with the red button makes for a pretty slick operation. Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: