Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Focus System HELP!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airwreck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a top mounted focus system on a crown..Today when shooting with it.. I ended up with a bunch of ball bearrings and steel pins falling out of the camera and didn't have a clue where they came from...Now I do they are from The focus system..How do I fix this and what is the number of small parts in there.. this is a new/Old stock special..
HELP!!!
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?topic=237&forum=1&3

Also try the "search" feature for rangefinder repair.

steve@toprinting.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Airwreck,

You've got a problem.

Same thing happened to me.

There are approx. 88 ball bearings and spacers in the tube that connects to the RF. A spring, a pin and a black rubber plug.

If you're not using the RF for focus you're ok. Just focus on the GG. If you really use the RF I believe the entire tube may be available from Steve Shuart (sp??).

All is not lost. But it sure feels funny watching all of the balls falling out. Hopefully someone on this board can give you more detailed info. Also, try http://www.greenspun.com - LUSENT - Large format BB for more assistance.

Good Light.

-Steve

alecj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Lustig in Nevada can fix it for you if you don't want to do it or can't find the parts.
Airwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All for the suggestions... After Hours of searching the yard I found 99% of all the parts..but now I am missing one Spacer out of the 44 aprox... I have reassembled the system and will hopefully have a jewler friend make teh last spacer.. But if you guys can come up with E-mails for the suggested folks for help.. it would be great I don't live in the US... I sure would like a back up of this part since I have two of the Top crowns
Thanks to all
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Home page of this site, Related Web Sites, Used Photo Sites, Commerical Sites Selling Graflex equipement. At the bottom of that page Parts and Service links should have all the info you need.

http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/where-to-get.html#CommercialSites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: