Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

120 RFH innards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
essessem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: 120 RFH innards Reply with quote

First, please remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions.

I have various 120 film backs for the 23 Crown. I wanted to discern whether their insert bits (that have the lever & rollers) would work in a Graflex 120 back for 4x5 I am considering to purchase (no insert, no dark slide.) I particularly wish to use the R10 RFH. I'm assuming the dark slide is usable in the 4x5, but then, who knows? Do you?

'Preciated
graphicdave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

essessem,

I don't have any Graflex 2x3 roll film holders for my 2x3 Pacemakers (I have Mamiya RB67's that work fine) but I removed an insert from a 3x4 "23" Graphic and it works in my 4x5 RH10 and vice-versa. That only means the inserts fit and lock into the holders. The spacing is obviously wrong between the two inserts and their openings. The dark slides fit but the "23" slide is shorter than the one for the RH10. Other that that I can't see why you would have any problem if the formats match.

Dave
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer inserts have a protrusion that fits into a recess in the shell. The protrusion can be filed off so that the insert can be used in an older shell. (read in an previous post)

As long as the film gate matches the insert all should be good. If the shell is for 6cm x 6cm then either the Graphic 22 or RH12 should fit and work; if the shell is for 6cm x 9cm then the Graphic 23 or RH8 insert should work; if the shell is for 6cm x 7cm then the RH10 insert should work. The only difference between a 2x3 RFH and a 3x4 or a 4x5 RFH of the same format is the outer mount plate dimensions.

I do not know if the darkslides will interchange or not.

The only dumb question is the one that is not asked.
1banjo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all

the darkslide from a 2x3 ( 6x6/6x7/6x9 ) are about 122mm long
and the 4x5 about 145mm long

banjo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: