Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stupid question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinarae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm brand spankin' new to graflex cameras and just acquired a century graphic w/a 23" roll film back. the lens on the camera has a strange metal contraption that looks like a plunger of sorts on it...i've seen these on the pix on this website. what is this? also, i can't figure out how to open my iris....can you do this with the century (i can w/ my speed graphic...)? any info or re-routing to other sources is appreciated!

thanks.
alecj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-18 14:40, tinarae wrote:
i'm brand spankin' new to graflex cameras and just acquired a century graphic w/a 23" roll film back. the lens on the camera has a strange metal contraption that looks like a plunger of sorts on it...i've seen these on the pix on this website. what is this? also, i can't figure out how to open my iris....can you do this with the century (i can w/ my speed graphic...)? any info or re-routing to other sources is appreciated!

thanks.

Please don't apologize for asking about something you don't know. That's how you learn.

First, the "plunger": that sounds like a solenoid. If you don't know what that is, look on eBay here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1345833013

Is what you're describing that silver tube on the side of the lensboard? On Century Graphics I believe the solenoid was usually mounted horizontally. If so, the solenoid is an electrical device which, when hooked up to a flash tube for power, gives the operator the ability to activate the shutter electrically. If that's not what you are talking about, try a different description.

The lens iris is operated by means of a little lever which usually comes out from the back of the lens. It should be the same as your speed graphic. If not, please describe what lens you have on the Century.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2002-04-18 16:51 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: