Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supermatic X, electronic flash and solenoid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, Dave. That's good information to know.
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, everyone. It's all come clear and I now know more about the old-style battery cases than any St*r W*ars fan!
mopar_guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Graflex flash, flashbulbs Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested, the source of the information that I provided is: GRAPHIC GRAFLEX PHOTOGRAPHY Ninth edition (Revised) by Morgan and Lester. Chapter 26 "How to use the Graflex and Graphic cameras", pg. 371. This section gives information on "Graflex Flash Synchronizers".

Apparently there were part numbers for these synch cords. Shutter synch cords were A-20 or F-17. Also listed is the R-180 remote control cord. Solenoid cords were S-17 or S-36.

I have never seen an example of one of the mentioned cords that went from the glass eye socket to the focuspot and was wondering if anyone else had ever seen one.

Dave
I guess that I could get a digital camera but it would be obsolete in a couple of years (three tops). Or I could use my 3x4 Anniversary Speed Graphic. Heck, it's been obsolete for 50 years. That's way better than digital.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: