Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anybody added a flash to a non-flash Ciro-flex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabbiinc

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Has anybody added a flash to a non-flash Ciro-flex Reply with quote

I have a Ciro model C and was wondering if anybody had added x-sync to one. I have read http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=alphax on taking the shutter apart, but it doesnt say anything about adding a sync. The pictures of the shutter though are great.

Dan
cabbiinc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: re: non-flash Ciro-flex Reply with quote

Do you hear the cricketts too?
r.reeder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Nonflash Ciroflex. Reply with quote

Hi. I realize that is been several years since you started this thread, but since I'm new to the Graflex.org group, I'll add my 2-bits worth.
I've got a Ciroflex, Alphax shutter, with old style flash, but without the word "synchromatic" under the "Alphax". I was talking to another Ciroflex user, Rick Oleson, & we compared serial numbers & came to the conclusion that mine (sn 30333) had originally been a non-flash unit, but that the flash (for bulbs, has old style terminal, identical to the factory flash equiped units) had been added later, maybe by the factory, maybe by a GOOD camera repair guy. Anyway, I thought I'd just send this out to say that maybe there are cameras that have had flash added later.
Take care.
cabbiinc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,
Actually it's been less than a year but a lot of water has passed under the bridge. I have both a C and a D (I believe) and I was only contemplating the modification to the C since that shutter needed to be pulled apart anyways. I think that I can deduce from 7th and 8th images on http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=alphax just what the sync trigger is (and I can only assume that the link shows an X-sync trigger). But it's still on the back burner at this time.

Thanks for the response
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: