Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grafmatic and Polaroid 500 questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray@uptowngallery.org

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Grafmatic and Polaroid 500 questions Reply with quote

People are sending me their spring cleaning rejects.

A friend complained to me that a Crown he bought had a Grafmatic and 'odd' back that would not accept normal film holders. I found him a normal Graflok back and he's up and running. So he decided to box up and send me the removed items. Neither of us is familiar enough to know what it is, except that he couldn't fit normal film holders.

The box hasn't arrived yet, and looking may help somewhat, but I'm still pretty sure I won't recognize it. I was only familiar with the spring back and the Graflok.

From his description, it sounds like the removed back requires things to have a groove, which I thought a Graflok did, but obviously it wasn't a Graflok. So there is a 3rd variety, 'Graflex back' or similar, that doesn't play well with others. It seems the Grafmatic is of the same nature, so at least there will be one thing that fits it....

2) I got a Polaroid 500 back with a tag that says 'missing sleeve catch wire'.

Does anyone have a picture, say from a manual that shows an installed 'catch wire', so I know what needs to be fixed/improvised?

I have a usable 545; my plan is to see if I can make the 500 work for Tmax Readyloads.

Thank you

Murray
Murray@uptowngallery.org

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: I get it Reply with quote

Hmmm, hard to cover my tracks - looks like I can't delete the original question.

I reread his message. He DID use the word 'Graflex back', unless he meant it in a generic way.

So it's probably a Graflex back and mating Grafmatic, apparently an orphan pair, but usable...perhaps best put on something else that won't require messing with the more practically set up cameras. (spring back on my two sized Speeds), Graflok on my Crown.

I DO still have the Polaroid 500 catch wire question.

Have a good weekend.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graflex Back was made available for Speed owners that used Graflex SLR's, or was it the other way around, so that they could use the same film holders on all their cameras. The Graflex Grafmatic usually goes for 25% to 40% more than standard grafmatics when and if they show up on the main auction site.

I'll pull my Polaroid 500 out and see if I can figure out what might be missing. If your email is not on site file send it to me via the PM and I'll send some jpegs. State file size limit if needed also.
Charles

Email addy found, pix sent.
C
Murray@uptowngallery.org

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you on both issues.

Murray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: