Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI - Snap Cap for Model-F

View previous topic :: View next topic  
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just an FYI.... bought a pair of "Snap Cap 30mm / 30.5mm" from a local place, ie, Castle Photo. They fit the viewing and taking lens of my Ciro-Flex F perfectly.

Label says "Pro", and has sort of an upside-down Nike logo on it. Part number on package is NP10030.

Hope this helps somebody else. My way of trying to give back for the knowledge given to me here.

Best,
Doug Grosjean
Luckey, Ohio
http://www.douggrosjean.com
Brian Jones

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Lens caps for Ciro-flex Reply with quote

I used Mr Grossjean's info and found the 30mm snap caps online using the part number, NP10030 from Overland Photo Supply in Overland Park, KS and confirm they fit both lenses of the Ciro-flex model F very well, but they will not fit the Ciro-flex Model D or other models, whose taking lenses have a slightly smaller diameter (I believe they are 29mm?). It will fit the viewing lenses, however, because of their design. Overland also sells a 29mm cap but I do not know for sure if it will fit the Model D or not.

My Model D came with the original metal double lens cap but the gasket around the interior perimeter which holds the cap in place has rotted, so the cap won't adhere. I'm trying to find some kind of weatherstrip or gasket to replace it.

Last edited by Brian Jones on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
Go to a fabric or crafts store and get a small sheet of 1/8 inch thick felt or velvet and glue it to the cleaned out inside of the lens cap. This will be as close as factory origional as is currently possible. Its your choice if you use black or purple.
Brian Jones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for purple for authenticity's sake.
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had success using black gaffer tape, similar to duct tape but of a stouter fabric; it comes on 2"-wide rolls. I cut it to size by laying a strip onto a flat glass plate (window glass) and using a single-edge razor blade with a metal ruler as a straight-edge. I've also used this stuff as a light seal in the grooves of my roll film holders and on the backs of my 35mm cameras. Of course, it doesn't look authentic like the material that 45PPS mentioned, but it serves the purpose for me.

You could also use black electrical tape, if you can find the fabric kind; most electrical tape today seems to be some kind of plastic, which won't work as well. I wouldn't know where to obtain the black gaffer tape; I got mine on "permanent loan" from my former workplace! Probably a theater supply place would have it, as stage use was its intended purpose at my workplace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: