Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH 8 Roll Film Holder May Have Dirty Mechanism

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psmith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: RH 8 Roll Film Holder May Have Dirty Mechanism Reply with quote

I bought a RH 8 (knob version) and ran a roll of out of date film through it and the knob became increasingly difficult to turn as I advanced the film through the counter. Second time I ran film through it the winder didn't stop at 1 but continued on and stopped at 3 and then after hitting the advance lever, knob wouldn't stop and I was able to wind film into take-up spool. I own another holder and I load film properly. Would this indicate that the mechanism needs cleaning? If so, would someone provide an idea how to clean the gears and housing. I have seen here and there some remarks on the Film Forum about cleaning but not any suggestions how to do it. Is it too technical to attempt myself? I do own a small standard screwdriver. What kind of cleaner and lube? Phil
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service information has been sent via email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: