Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

grafmatic part

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased my first grafmatic 45, opened it up to check the septums etc and a piece came out - a thin silver piece of metal about 1/2 inch wide by 4 inches long with a piece of felt standing vertically along its length, it came out of the area where the front of the septums sit, obviously something to do with trapping light. Cannot figure out how it fits back in or exactly where it goes. It doesn't appear to be in the parts diagram at the rear of the service manual. Any idea on this? Perhaps something extra, or is it essential?

Many thanks for any input.
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of those light traps pop out on me. Once you know how they go back in, it's an easy fix.

If you open the Grafmatic and remove the septums, with the darkslide out as far as it will go, look into where the septums fit in the box. Okay, how to describe this???

With the septums removed, hold the Grafmatic in your hand. Pull the darkslide out with your other hand toward you and look into the hole that the septums fit into. The top side, underneath is where that trap fits with the felt facing down. You should be able to see old glue on the metal of the trap.

knowing which edge goes forward or back is the trick and I don't remember how to tell? I had another Grafmatic to compare it to and there's no way to see it once in place. All I can say is that the edge towards the adrkslide (pulled out) is where the glue goes. The inside edge hangs down a bit and seals the darkslide. I hope that helps.

Maybe someone else can offer a better explanation? It is a bit late in the night...
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, couldn't go to bed without checking the service manual

If you look at the Grafmatic 4x5 service manual, section 77, page 8 in the upper left corner of the page, you'll see the case opening with the trap installed. It's part number 13a (Cutoff assembly). It may help in understanding how it goes back in.

It's awfully late and maybe I'm 100% wrong about this, so check it to make sure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: