Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New owner of a Crown View

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sauerwald

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this group...

I am the new owner of a Crown View camera - with the brass fittings. Good news it that the kit is pretty complete - tripod, tripod adaptor, camera, rear extension bed (gives me about 20" of bellows extension). Everything is in excellent condition - looks like it was hardly used. Downside is that the back on it is a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4. If anybody has a 4x5 back that they would be willing to part with, I'd love to hear from you. Failing that, photos or drawings of what the 4x5 back looked like will help me to make a new one.

disemjg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice Crown 4X5 view, and they are neat cameras. They are uncommon, and you are not likely to find a spare back, especially in 4X5.

Before you go chasing a back for 4X5, try using it as a 3X4. The size is really quite usable, and the film is readily available from J&C photo or Film for Classics. Call Midwest for some holders. You may like the camera just the way it is.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email me at
bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
I will send photos and dims if you want them!
Have a nice day........Bert
sauerwald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disemjg,
I have already ordered a box of 3x4 film, and the camera came with 3 3x4 holders - so I do plan on playing with it in the 3x4 format. My main desire to use it as a 4x5 is that my darkroom is set up for 4x5, so once I get the film exposed, I am going to have to try to figure out how to process it (I use a Jobo processor, with the 2509 reels - I think that I can use that for 3x4?) - and print it - I will probably need to make a negative carrier for my enlarger to hold the 3x4 negs - so yes, I am planning on using it as a 3x4.

The primary reason that I want to get a 4x5 back for it is that I have a lot of other 4x5 stuff - and would be able to use the film holders and film that I have for my other 4x5

Bert - my current plan is to pick up a 4x5 back from another camera and adapt it to the Crown View - It doesn't look too difficult, but I appreciate the offer of the photos and dimensions, if I need them, I will be contacting you!

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: