Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic View lensboard adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simbenton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just obtained a lensboard for a Graphic View that has an adapter on it to take smaller size lensboards. The adapter portion has rounded corners and the internal dimensions are approx. 3 3/8 X 3 7/16. There is a double spring hinged clip at the top (together with the word TOP) and a single fixed clip at the bottom. Does anyone know what type of lensboards the adapter would take. This is not a homemade board - it looks like something made by Graflex. Any help much appreciated.
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like the original adapter to use the Pacemaker boards. There are at least two different types, one black and one silver. The silver one was made by Gralfex. I'm not sure about the black one?

It's very useful if you also own a 4x5 Pacemaker Crown or Speed. I have even made a 4x4 to 6x6 adapter so I can use my Pacemamker lenses on my 8x10 by using the adapter you have inbetween.
simbenton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RichS. You are perfectly correct. I dug out an old Pacemaker board I had and it fits perfectly over the adapter. The 2 clips hold it on very securely. Very handy item for someone owning a Pacemaker and a Graphic view.
bartsf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Graflex made two styles. The older has a flat black plate, as thick as the interior of the Pacemaker board, mounted on the 4x4 board that is just smaller than the Pacemaker board. The later version has a thiner, sheet matal stamping with raise lips all the way around so a Super Graphic board, with the clip and cam and plastic backer can fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: