Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roll film for K-20 aerial camera?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Young

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if roll film is still available for a WWII K-20 USAAF aerial camera? I believe the film is around 4" wide. It looks like the camera can shoot up to 50 pictures. That would be a pretty long roll of film! Anyone have a K-20 original army manual(s)?

Thanks!
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try J&C Photo. I know they carry some wide roll stock. If they don't have the width you need, perhapd they can cut it for you. http://www.jandcphoto.com

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Jim Young

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead on roll film for K-20 cameras. I'll give J & C Photo a call.

JY
Jim Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone else is looking for roll film for a K-20 or larger camera, J & C Photo (www.jandcphoto.com) offers wider film that you can cut down. I haven't tried this yet but at least it's a start. J & C said that 4 x 5 roll film is no longer available anywhere. JY
Vintcams N Film

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - This is my first post. I have several military aerial cameras and use them

The film for the K-20 is 5.25" wide, and I slit the film off 9.5' rolls. Which are all you can get these day.

I do have the manual which includes maintainence and overhaul instructions. I can send a good quality copy for $15 sent to DanCarson@aol.com, by Paypal.

One thing I can tell you as that many K-20's have timing problems with the shutter, so be sure the camera is working properly before you rent a plane.
Springback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Ed, Mr. foto, who sells aerial film on ebay. Its expired but kept frozen and its good stuff: panatomic, aerecon, infrared, etc...He usually has quite an assortment in both " and 9-1/2" rolls
Walter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: K-20 Film and Manuals Reply with quote

Good evening:

I am new to this blog and new to the K-20. According to the Aircraft Manuals that I have, this is the type of camera that was used in the later models of the Stinson L-5 light observation aircraft of WWII and the Korean war. I sent Dan an email regarding his offer top help out the other fellow with manuals and possisbly with the film, but havent received a reply. Does anyone have any film or manuals or information, or the whereabouts Dan? Any help at this point would be great!

Many thanks,

Regards,

Walter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: