Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting Ciro-Flex photo..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Ciro-Flex photo of inside of a marble mine in Marble, CO.

http://douggrosjean.com/modules/Gallery/albums/album09/Day13_CF_F_MarbleMineInside.jpg

Taken on tripod, ambient light, EV of about 5-6. I couldn't really see to compose in the viewscreen, other than some dim shapes. Those shapes were the gear down in the bottom of the mine shaft.

Taken on a trip to CO on a motorcycle to explore ghost towns via 4WD trails this past August. Had been using my Rolleicord V, but the film advance knob vibrated off and the Ciro-Flex F was pressed into use. Turned out to be a good choice, as the tripod lug on the side allowed me to mount the CF-F sideways on the tripod, to compose with the groundglass on the LH side.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot! Which Ciroflex model and lens have you? What film?
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several Ciro-Flex cameras. I think they're cool because my SO was photographed by her dad with one, and that's the first one I used. Then I bought some on Ebay, and used them.

That photo was taken with a Ciro-Flex F model. Fuji 400 print film, and the neg was scanned in. I don't recall the exact shutter / F-stop, only that the exposure value was about a 5 or 6, like a dim room.

After the Rolleicord's knob fell off, the rest of the trip was shot on the Ciro-Flex. So I ended up with a bunch of Ciro-Flex photos on the Net, maybe 50?

Rest are at:
http://www.douggrosjean.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album09&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=6

They are thumbnails, click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Original plan was to have black & white in the Ciro-Flex and color in the Rolleicord, plus two small point-and-shoot 35mm cameras in pockets in my riding suit. Mostly that worked out pretty well, as I ended up with quick snapshots of crash scenes, as soon as we'd pick ourselves up off the ground and dust off.

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: