Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflarger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribunicus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is purchasing a Graflarger 4x5 worth it if it dosent come with the negative carrier? can i get the negative carrier cheaply, or is it avalabile?

thanks
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2005-04-04 20:59, tribunicus wrote:
Is purchasing a Graflarger 4x5 worth it if it dosent come with the negative carrier? can i get the negative carrier cheaply, or is it avalabile?

thanks

I hate to say it, but the decision on that rests entirely up to you... I don't remember ever seeing holders seperately...

The negative holders are fairly simple aluminum plates. One end rounded out so you can pull on it. The end that goes into the unit is also slight rounded as I remember. Then there's a couple of bumps & dimples on the inside of the plates to keep them in correct position together...

overall, it would be fairly easy to make the two halves out of something rigid. Masonite, various plastics, hobby plywood, even aluminum. The real trick would be to have the correct thickness so it holds properly in the slot. Then it's just the work to carve the ends to fit and make the big holes in the middle.

If I had the chance to get a Graflarger cheap with no holders, I would grab it. Making the holders wouldn't bother me at all. It may trouble you? Depends how much work you're willing to invest.

That said, I have a Graflarger with holders

That said... If you do buy one and can't find holders (good luck!), I would be happy to scan mine so you ave a template to work with...
tsgrimm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29987&item=7511154374&rd=1

These are on ePay. They are for a 4x5 Graflarger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: