Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proshade or equivalent, filter holder, etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manifestdestiny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...I have a crown graphic, purchased about 7 months ago...I use it on location and in the studio for all of my 4x5 work. I was wondering if there was some sort of proshade, lens shade, filter adapter, etc...so that I could buy regular old filters for use over the lens? Something that took hard glass filters (with a mm diameter, screw on type) rather than soft gels would be better, but anything would be great. Does anybody know of an item, either past or present? Thanks!
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a couple of options. One is to obtain, at camera shows or big photo stores like B&H or Adorama (or little old out-of-the-way photo stores with old trade-in stuff), the appropriate size series VI slip-on rings/retaining ring for your particular lenses so that you can use series VI filters, shades, etc. None of this is currently being manufactured, thus the need to buy used. Alternatively, having obtained the slip-rings, you can then get a 44-49mm step-ring (series VI thread is 44mm) and use the easy-to-obtain 49mm screw-on filters directly on the series VI slip-on. Some lenses, such as the older
Schneider Angulons, are already threaded for filters, but the Kodak and Graphex (Wollensak) lenses usually aren't---thus the series filter set-up.
LelandRay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Cokin system. Photos below are of my Graphic View with 210mm Nikkor.

Eventually I'll get an adapter for the 135mm Rodenstock, which takes a 40.5mm screw diameter, but I'll have to use a step-up ring to use my 4x4 filters.

A pro hood would work, of course, but the Cokin system does fine on location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: