Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo Gallery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipper_x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Any gallery of pictures taken by a Ciro-flex around?

Did not find any!

Thanks,

Francis
Les

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are any. Maybe you could supply us with some? the TLRs do get the short shrift around here

thejazzguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Ciroflex gallery, although the text isn't in English. He has other cameras, including a Leica M3 with 1.0 Noctolux(!) The Ciroflex photos on his site are of extremely high quality, and I have since purchased an old Ciroflex to try it out for myself.
http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~ishibuch/7photo.html
zipper_x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Interesting pictures. I also done some test with my ciro-flex. I take a roll of Superia 100 around my house. All pictures has been done at 1/25 to 1/60 and f/8 to f/11. You could see the result here:

http://photos.exonet.qc.ca/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album16

I just by my self a new Ciro-flex but this time with a 83mm Tessa-type
f/3.2 Woolens Raptar. It's 4-element. I will posting more picture in the future.

I also found this paper about american TLR. Very interesting!!!

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-76.html

Fell free to leave comments on the picture have if they are just snap shot. They where taken to see the quality of the lens.

Thanks

Francis

[ This Message was edited by: zipper_x on 2002-11-18 12:14 ]
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-10-27 06:05, Les wrote:
I don't think there are any. Maybe you could supply us with some? the TLRs do get the short shrift around here

Les,

I could supply you with just a few, but they are good.... Some dramtically lit shots of my father, Lamey's Diner at the Henry Ford Museum, by father's 1919 Model T Ford in East Toledo's Christmas parade a week ago, a climber at Planet Rock indoor climbing gym in Pontiac, MI.

They're scanned prints, very detailed. I've been shooting 35mm for over 20 years, and these are some of the best photos I've ever taken.

FWIW, I spend my time split between Luckey OH and Dearborn MI, so I'm not too far from you.

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
William

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care for a crummy, rush-processed contact sheet of my first roll of PAN F put in my grandfather's Ciro-Flex?

http://boushintsu.net/120.jpg
hither

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CiroFlex E samples

>

douggrosjean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple shots taken in the past month with a Ciro-Flex Model C, which had belonged to my girlfriend's late father.

Cat at fireplace:

Sunset near Woodville, Ohio:

Ah, here's another, of my father, taken this past Thanksgiving:

Dad's Model T Ford, taken at the 2004 east Toledo Christmas parade:

Lamey's Diner, in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan:

My 50,000 mile Suzuki DR-350 dual-purpose bike:

Sledding in Michigan with my 10 y/o son:

Hoping the photos are enjoyed, while realizing that there are many folks here who could probably do better.

douggrosjean@wcnet.org
Olympus XA
Olympus Stylus
Minolta XD11 w/ pinhole
Nikon N80
Ciro-Flex Model C, D, E, F

[ This Message was edited by: on 2005-01-11 13:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2005-01-11 14:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: douggrosjean on 2005-01-11 14:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2005-01-11 15:04 ]

45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is the "T"? Every fourth of July or so a showroom fresh Model T with the top down and 4 to 6 passengers in era correct dress drive thur the parking lot where I work in Foster City, Ca. The "T" has only one brass tail light on the left.

douggrosjean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T is a 1919. Dad has two, a 1919 and a 1927. He's been putting about 10,000 miles a year on them, roughly. Has to base that on fuel consumption, as T's don't have speedometers or odometers. While I don't know how to drive one (it's not a stick and it's not an automatic exactly), I have ridden perhaps several thousand miles in them as well. It's a good experience, and about as close as we come to sharing an interest. He doesn't kayak or ride motorcycles or take pictures, but we do share an interest in mechanical things and nature, so he does appreciate the old camera and the kayak and the motorcycle and my own trips.

Lotta similarities between the T and my Ciro-Flex. In both cases, modern supporting products (oil, lubes, and film respectively) let those old products perform better than ever.

And in both cases, the T's and the CF's modern counterparts have electronic controls, but are otherwise not all that different in concept from current offerings. Four wheels, a roof and an engine... A black box you put film into, with a lens on the front. Not much has really changed - Shrug.

On the T, you manually adjust fuel mixture and spark timing (based on your knowledge of the situation), both duties done by electronics on modern cars.

On the Ciro-Flex, you adjust focus, shutter, and aperture based on your knowledge of the situation.

Both are a slower way of doing things than their modern counterparts, and that's not all bad.

Both require more of a relationship, more working knowledge, than their modern counterparts - again not a bad thing, for those who interface well with machinery.

I'm sort of a technical kind of guy, so I like that aspect. Though I do prefer a modern car (or motorcycle) on long trips, and I do shoot sometimes with my modern Nikon 35-SLR when that's the better tool for what I'm trying to get.

Just my .02

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: