Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rh-50 back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwscheil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will an rh-50 back with the 4 posts fit a 2x3 graflok back if I remove the adapter plate? The photos appear that they just screwed the plate to a standard graflok back.

George W. Scheil
GerWP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the height looks right, and I'm looking at an RH-50, using a micrometer and a 4x5 Graflok back. The framing for the image is in the plate with the pins, so if you take it off, you would be exposing more than the standard frame each shot, I suppose. You would need to make a template of some sort for framing, and be sure it is entered. The new mount will be offset to the left as compared to the pinned mount. Also, I would be concerned about proper focus with the plate removed, since the film would be nearer the lens than it would be with the plate on, particularly if you are using the rangefinder. The dark slide would be hard to pull, It appears, but if you are determined, you may make it work.
I'm no expert, but I had the parts here and $.02 to toss. Anyone else?
Happy New Year!

Gerald
gwscheil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing further photos, I should have said, is the rh-50 for the xl the same as the 4x5, not 2x3, version except for the plate? I see a 4x5 rh-50 for Graflok back which appears to be essentially identical to the xl version with even the four (empty) holes where the screws are on the xl plate.
pandino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George,
I have an RH50 that I use on a 4x5 with Graflok back. It appears to have the four tapped holes to fir pins for the XL. It also has the felt to fit onto a smaller camera back. I'd be willing to bet that the 4x5 and XL versions are identical except for the presence of the pins.
Chris
KCMO
Basil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a rh 50 back.How do you get the cartridges
out?The Kodak people told we they no longer make the 70mm cartridges.So what do I do now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: