Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miniature Speed Grafic with Standart Spring back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WilliJungen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo,i need some help finding cut film holder or a roll film holder for my camera.i have difficulties to identify the right ones.
Who can mail me to HWilliJungen@aol.com some pictures or some information how i can find the right film holders for my camera.I´m a absolute rooky doing work with graflex cameras a can need all kind oof help.I´m owning a Miniature Speed Grafic with Standart Spring Back 2 1/4x3 1/4 format use.
Excuse my bad english.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-10-30 04:09, WilliJungen wrote:
Hallo,i need some help finding cut film holder or a roll film holder for my camera.i have difficulties to identify the right ones.
Who can mail me to HWilliJungen@aol.com some pictures or some information how i can find the right film holders for my camera.I´m a absolute rooky doing work with graflex cameras a can need all kind oof help.I´m owning a Miniature Speed Grafic with Standart Spring Back 2 1/4x3 1/4 format use.
Excuse my bad english.

Willi, if you look around on this site -- I find it easiest to start from the site map -- you'll find discussions of kits for replacing a spring back's ground glass and viewing hood with a normal ordinary Graflex roll holder and of the Adapt-A-Roll 620.

The disadvantage of installing a normal roll holder is that it limits the user to just one lens, usually a normal lens, that the RF has been set up for. In other words, focusing on the ground glass and then attaching the back to take a picture is not practical.

I have several AARs, am happy with them. Their disadvantage is that they MUST take up on a 620 spool. After I shoot a roll, I respool the exposed film on a 120 spool before sending it to the lab. This to conserve 620 spools, which are scarce.

AAR 620s turn up on eBay from time to time. Normal regular Graflex-made roll holders are much common. Note than the ebay vendor wyverndude has been selling AAR 620s converted to take up on a 120 spool.

Good luck,

Dan

p.s. Your english is good enough. Much, much better than my german. Ich war ein jahr in deutschland, aber ich kann nicht deutsch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with what Dan said, you might also look for a Suydam roll holder. Not as heavy-duty or as refined as the AAR and Graflex roll holders, but they'll do the job. They also have that 'vintage' look I like so much on press cameras of any format.
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any modern sheet film holders fit your camera. If you buy older ones, you will be safe if they are marked "graphic". They show up on eBay all the time or you should be able to find them used at large shops that deal in used equipment. New ones are available but pricey. No modifications necessary.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...Here are cut film holders like the ones you need to shoot cut film: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15247&item=3849076985&rd=1

Any 2-1/4"X3-1/4" or 6X9cm holder will work except the ones that are GRAFLEX holders. GRAPHIC are OK....Lisco are ok.

Fred
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is a roll film holder that will work with your spring back.; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29973&item=3848395867&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This one is a little over-priced as it has been converted to use 120 film. One that is an original 620 film model will accept 120 film if you use 620 film take-up spools. Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: