Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens for Kodak Tourist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimKean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Kodak Tourist with the good 105mm Anaston lens in Flash Kodamatic shutter. The shutter operates fine, but the speed adjustment is very sticky, so I figured a Ronsonol soak would be in order. My only problem is I don't know how to remove the front lens element. Does anybody know anything about this? The lens is adjustable, and I'm afraid if I just thread it out, I will wind up loosing the adjustment. Thanks for your help!!
clnfrd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim...I have some old Kodak cameras...not a Tourist...that have the front lens element that you rotate to set the distance...and there is a slotted stop pin to prevent turning the lens too far in either direction. I removed the stop pin and found that it takes two additional revolutions to remove the front lens element. I replaced the element and found that you wouldn't have the full 360-degree rotation for focusing if you incorrectly replaced the stop pin. Therefore, if you remove the stop pin and count the revolutions necessary to remove the front element...reverse the procedure, you should be okay. Fred.
jjwalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, great qeustion, I have worked on a kodak monitor as well as a tourist and I agree with the previous advice with this caviat,....when you unscrew the lense note EXACTLY where it comes free from the shutter mount. If you reinstall it incorectly things will be blurry I guarantee it! Good Luck.
TimKean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did as was suggested and found a third element inside. Now, I'm perplexed about how to get it out. I don't see any spanner wrence slots or anything. Again any help will be appreciated.
Micah in NC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

I found Brian Wallen's website to have a good bit of info on the Tourist cameras. (I have a couple, too.)

It's at: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~b-wallen/BN_Photo/KodakTourist.htm

On that page, scroll to bottom and click on "Tech Notes" to bring up his repair tech page on the Tourist. On that "Tech Notes" page, scroll down the the "LENS" heading.

Also, try this page of Wallen's: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~b-wallen/BN_Photo/FrontcellClng.htm

His other webpages are neat, too, and worth a look.

Hope this helps,
Micah in NC

Quote:

On 2004-02-23 11:51, TimKean wrote:
Well, I did as was suggested and found a third element inside. Now, I'm perplexed about how to get it out. I don't see any spanner wrence slots or anything. Again any help will be appreciated.

[ This Message was edited by: Micah in NC on 2004-02-25 13:54 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: