Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can one find a 3-Cell cheap?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to find a Graflex 3-Cell FlashGun. I'm not interested in purchasing one from anyone here. That was not my original intent either. I am only curious as where a good place to look would be to find one for little money, as I'm not willing to pay $125 for one. And, yes, it is for a lightsaber. The initial reason for the 3-Cell went out in the 40's. I'm not looking for a working one, as I would never ruin something like that. I only wish to find one that is in good condition but no longer functions as a piece of photography equipment. Please, only serious answers. I am sincear in my attempts, and I'm not posting here to be laughed at. I seriously need aid in searching. I am not one who regularly purchases items via ebay or the internet period, so that is not the answer I'm looking for. Please help me out if you can. Thanks.
RichS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we are sincere in our responses! You are looking to destroy a valuable piece of American photographic history that many of us are still trying to find to restore back to it's original functioning condition as collectors and users. And these jedi-wannabees grab them all up and destroy them. Do us all a favor here. Don't ask! Then go buy a reproduction and leave the originals to collectors who appreciate them for what they are!

Jedi_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you, Im not wanting to destroy one. Im looking for an unworking one. One that is broken, yet still looks good. I'm not destroying anything.
Jedi_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because Im wanting to build a lightsaber, folks take the wrong impression and assume I am not a photographer. I am. And I do appriciate the Graflex for what it is. Thats why Im not wanting one that is in working order.
Jedi_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone who wishes to help me?
sobahguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I need to find a Graffix 3-Cell handle despiratly. Please assist me. There are non im my area, and I am not able to travel. Does anybody here have one they can part with?

Quote:
I need to find a Graflex 3-Cell FlashGun. I'm not interested in purchasing one from anyone here. That was not my original intent either. I am only curious as where a good place to look would be to find one for little money, as I'm not willing to pay $125 for one. And, yes, it is for a lightsaber. The initial reason for the 3-Cell went out in the 40's. I'm not looking for a working one, as I would never ruin something like that. I only wish to find one that is in good condition but no longer functions as a piece of photography equipment. Please, only serious answers. I am sincear in my attempts, and I'm not posting here to be laughed at. I seriously need aid in searching. I am not one who regularly purchases items via ebay or the internet period, so that is not the answer I'm looking for. Please help me out if you can. Thanks

Okay...you can't find any in your area, you are unable or unwilling to travel, you are unable or unwilling to do business on the internet (yet here you are begging Graflex collectors and users to "part with" one).
No one here is going to be able to help you because we don't even know what your "area" is since you left your "geographic location" field blank on your user profile.
As I said before on the other thread you started, prices now are as low as they are going to get. We (and all camera dealers) know what these items are worth and you won't find one in your price range. Sorry but that's going to be a reality in whatever galaxy you look in. There are many sites which will tell you how to find them at yard sales, antique stores, estate sales, etc....and an equal number of sites which will tell you how to get replicas, which may be more in your price ballpark.
Live Long and Prosper.
Jedi_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
sobahguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now your geographic area has suddenly appeared!!! Try this link.............

http://www.pghcamex.com/

When you get there, click on SEARCH ENGINE, then click on GRAFLEX. Once you get there, scroll down about half way thru all their items and there are a couple of good looking battery cases waiting to be scooped up. A bit pricey for me, but I talked to PGH and they told me that their items are waiting to find good homes and someone who will take good care of them. They also have 5" and 7" reflectors, so you can get a great little package which will help take outstanding close-ups and landscapes, although you may have trouble finding the odd-ball cord that the battery case requires, the cord isn't made anymore and most used ones are brittle and/or broken.

[ This Message was edited by: sobahguy on 2003-06-13 11:51 ]
MR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here and look at the Graflex replica. It's an exact duplicate of the original and even fires flash bulbs. A lot cheaper than eBay.

http://www.parksabers.com/?exitno=1
Cykke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, if you are desperate, and wanna to have a real Graflex for conversion, go to ebay, spit 150-200$ and enjoy... You WONT find original Graflex for cheap! The smartest thing for you would be to visit http://www.parksabers.com, and to buy a replica... Its really great replica, and you wont see a difference. I have 2 Parks Graflex *****s, and a uncoverted real Graflex 3-Cell.

And Graflex lovers, who tould you that we destroy flashes when they are converted?! We just glue grips, and glue d-ring on the bottom. For 5 min it can be flash unit again...

And Jedi Knight, what did you think when you chose nickname? That these people will love you? They get a flue when they hear anything from SW world

[ This Message was edited by: Cykke on 2004-02-04 07:01 ]
ssdesigner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your anger toward s.t.a.r. w.a.r.s. fans ease the guilt for throwing these flashguns away by the boxfulls in the 70's and 80's? A camera guy couldn't give one of these things away until it was used in a s.t.a.r. w.a.r.s. film. I think the anger from camera collectors is childish...the old "I don't want it but I don't want YOU getting it either" attitude. Sad, really sad. 90% of these flashes would be rotting in a landfill somewhere if the s.t.a.r. w.a.r.s. fans didn't want them. The price of these things in the 70's and 80's proves my point as FACT. You guys need to get over it, it's ONE flash out of how many produced?

And your filter to block out the words s.t.a.r. w.a.r.s. is just more proof to my point. *yikes*

-SS
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am somewhat behind the curve, but can anyone tell me what it is about "Graflite" three-cell flashguns that makes them especially suitable for incorporation into replica lightswords, or whatever? Wouldn't a good contemporary three- or four-cell flashlight be cheaper, easier to come by, and (I dare say) more reliable?
Cykke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In original Trilogy Graflex 3-Cell was used as a base for lightsaber. Not Graflite.
So Graflex 2-cell or 4-cell are not suitable for conversion. Because, if we convert 2-cell or 4-cell then its not a replica, its wannabe replica.
Les

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To expand on Cykke's explanantion. Geo. Lucas was making a movie on the cheap in the mid 70's. He didn't have a budget for manufacturing props.

Some how a Graflex Flash (the original stainless steel with the round red button) and an MPP flash showed up. (MPP is Micro Precision Products, and English company making very nice cameras and very nice copies of the Heiland Synchronar)

Some windsheild wipers from a nearby English car (they were filming in England at the time) , a couple of bubble strips from a hand held calculator and ta da! a nicely disguised prop. The light effects would be added later.
Jack5541

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see young 16-year old Croatians such as Cykke with such intimate knowledge of the history of Graflex flashes used in movies. Blimey, he knows more about the subject than most Graflex historians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: