Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANyone using the Mamiya RB67 roll holders (on 23 graphic?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steverose108

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda fed up with graflex roll holders, have tried the new ones with pin rollers and lever wind as well as varous old ones. Even the mint condition one I had felt cheap, plastic- and tinney, and had more frame spacing probs. than the knob backs. Most aree rattletraps. There are some beautiful, heavy Japan-made 1970s Mamiya backs that should work perfectly, as they mate perfectly to 23 size graflok back on the RB67. Cost arountd $200 for a mint one, though. $75 less for a worn one... Anyone tried 'em? I ASSUME the distance from the front mtg. flange back to the film plane will be the same (as a Singer or knob back)..so should be in focus with the groundglass panel ...you think?
Barking Spiders

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two of the RB backs and they work great. You are right. They do feel more "solid" than the graflex.

I also have several of the graflex backs. Other than incorrect spacing, I've never had any problems with these either.
cgoff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RB67 backs work fine; if you buy used ones, look out for rotted light-sealing strips where the shell closes.

I'm working on a magazine article about replacing these; if you'd like a "beta" copy of the text and pictures, reply in this forum and I'll email it to you.

<font>[ This Message was edited by: cgoff on 2001-10-19 10:44 ]</font>
________
First-generation Camaro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: