Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flash sockets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertrose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that my Speed Graphic flash came with two cords. an extender with 3 sockets:
estension BC (2) and N; is this a "closed circuit type of connection?

Also where can I buy bulbs for this, and film?
Many thanks, I was sure glad to find this website and forum, thanks to a friend on the Photography Forum.
desert rose

worldphoto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This battery-condenser (or capacitor) system of flash was introduced in 1951. B-C is best used with a series circuit as built into Graflite Jr.. Look at the base of your outlets... They may be Graflite Extension Flash Units with two BC extensions and two N extensions. Catalog No. 2776. Is that correct? Do you have a photo of the items?
Harry
desertrose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BC and N outlets are on the flash extension.
I'm not sure how to use them vis a vis plugging in the flash to the camera. I can't find a way to use the flash without the extension.
Thanks for the response but I am so new to this type of old camera that I'm not even sure if I am phrasing the question correctly.

45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of links with pictures of graflites under the Technical Information and Articles headings on the home page, just click on Graflex.org on any page to get there. Prehaps you can direct one of us to the image so we can better help you.
Charles

worldphoto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem that you do have a system that would only be closed at the time of firing multiple flash bulbs. For the system to work (1) you must have a battery case for (power source) connected to the (2)lens/shutter and the battery case connected to(3) the multiple BC/N Outlets. This system could be setup as either a series or a parallel circuit. You could have just a few bits and pieces. If all you want is to fire one flash then you wouldn't and couldn't use the BC/N outlets. We and you need more info.
http://www.worldphoto.bravepages.com/
Above is my web page. Go to it--- Click go the the bottom of the page--- Click "Graflex Directory"--- Go down the page to: Graflite Instruction Manual and download it (20 pages). It is also available on this site-- I just don't know where. It is not necessary to wait for the photographs on my homepage before clicking Go to the bottom of the page.
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: